W. Sorgen
W. Sorgen, ISA Ceritified Arborist
Experience:  Bachelor's degree in forestry, and owner of a residential/commercial tree service.
73238437

I have a huge tree in my back yard that has to be over 100

Customer Question

I have a huge tree in my back yard that has to be over 100 years old. I love the tree, but it seems that something happening to the bark of the tree. The bark has something green growing on it and the bark is separating from the tree. Part of a limp fell off and I'm concerned about what to do to save my tree. It is at least 15 feet tall and has a umbrella effect over my back yard. Can you help me????????
Category: Landscaping
Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome back. My name is***** a biologist with a special interest in trees. I would be happy to help you, but before I can, I need to know what kind of tree this is. If you don't know, can you send me a picture of the leaves? You can upload a photo by clicking on the paper clip icon in the tool bar at the top of the space where you type. Instructions will pop up.
Thank you.
Anna