W. Sorgen
W. Sorgen, ISA Ceritified Arborist
Experience:  Bachelor's degree in forestry, and owner of a residential/commercial tree service.
73238437

My 20-year old VERY productive TREE suddenly began

Customer Question

My 20-year old VERY productive KUMQUAT TREE suddenly began dropping its leaves and having all its leaves dry up about one month ago. I picked all the fruit ( large, delicious bright orange fruits ) and then trimmed the many branches. It is now totally bare and the branches Are now showing no sign of new growth. When I trimmed the branches, they seemed alive and ok. This never happened before am concerned. Please CALL ME TO DISCUSS. Can email photos I just took.
I have agreed to pay the requested $5 deposit on what can be a total cost of $30 if I am satisfied. Trust that this is not a con operation. Thank you. Joseph
Category: Landscaping
Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.
Hello Joseph,

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just came online and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with a special interest in trees. I'm sorry to hear of this incident.

I am not set up to do phone calls with customers, but I'd be happy to work with you here on the site. Your photos will be very useful. You can upload a photo by clicking on REPLY, then at the top of the area where you would type is a tool bar with icons. Click on the little paper clip icon (it's right next to the YouTube icon). Instructions will pop up. On some browsers, this doesn't work. if that happens, you can put your photo on one of the free photo sharing websites, such as www.photobucket.com. Then come back here and paste the link to your picture in a REPLY. For more help with photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Also, in what area do you live? Have you had excessive rain, or conversely drought?

Thank you.

Anna