Landscaping

Landscaping questions? Ask a landscaper for answers ASAP

What can be done about abundant small green droppings from…

Customer Question
What can be done about...
What can be done about abundant small green droppings from Skyline locust trees? We can not sit out or eat on our deck.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Landscaping
5/25/2015
Landscaper: Anna, Biologist, Gardening Expert replied 3 years ago
Anna
Anna, Biologist, Gardening Expert
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with a special interest in trees. I'm sorry to hear of this problem. Some additional information will be useful.

Do the droppings look like this:

graphic

If not, can you send a photo? You can upload a photo by clicking on REPLY, then at the top of the area where you would type is a tool bar with icons. Click on the little paper clip icon (it's right next to the YouTube icon). Instructions will pop up. On some browsers, this doesn't work. if that happens, you can put your photo on one of the free photo sharing websites, such as www.photobucket.com. Then come back here and paste the link to your picture in a REPLY.

Thank you.

Anna

Yes Your photo is exactly what they look like.....We have a cluster of three very tall skyline locusts..taller than our 2 story house...right next to our deck.. Early Spring, they dropped a larger dropping and now these green mini balls that drop into your food, your hair and even cover the dog. We are considering having the trees removed.Any help appreciated. Mary

Landscaper: Camille-Mod,
 replied 3 years ago
Camille-Mod
Hello,I'm Camille, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.
If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Best,
Camille
I apologize for the delay. My internet was down. I'm afraid I can't help you because there isn't a way to stop the trees from producing these. They are the tree's flowers, and they will always produce them. I wish there were a better way, but removing the trees is the only way to eliminate the problem completely.