Landscaping

Landscaping Questions? Ask a Landscaper for Answers ASAP

Landscaping

Do Gladiolas only bloom once per season and should I leave

the bulbs in?? the...
Do Gladiolas only bloom once per season and should I leave the bulbs in?? the ground for next year
8/14/2013
Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Welcome to Just Answer,

Glads will only bloom once per season but you can either leave them in the ground for next year if you live down South or remove the bulbs in the Fall and store them in a cool place (protect from freezing) and replant them next Spring. If you dig them up you'll find smaller "bulblets" that will eventually produce but it will take a few years. These small bulbs should be removed and not replanted with the large main bulb since they will crowd the plant. If you like you can plant the small bulbs by themselves and nurse them to a larger size that will eventually flower.
Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Rick
Rick
Rick, General Contractor