Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I am living in a 2 bedroom apartment.I have a roommate that

Customer Question

I am living in a 2 bedroom apartment.I have a roommate that shares the lease with me. I have to, unfortunately, break the lease and leave and I have two more months left to complete my lease. I am not able to pay for those two months. And the roommate is denying to pay as well. who is supposed to pay ideally and legally?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Illinois
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: you mean the lease?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My name is ***** ***** the lease and as per my landlord roommates name was added later on this lease. is this advise free?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
is anyone working on this issue?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  legalgems replied 4 months ago.

Good Day!A few minutes please as I review your question so I can provide you with legal information. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this;

does the lease state that the roommates are "jointly and severally liable" or does it list both tenants on the lease?