Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I received a notice to quit and which I find injustices.

Customer Question
I received a notice...

I received a notice to quit and which I find injustices. Just today I have a court date 06/25/18. What are my rights?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Tried to talk to the complex office and wrote a letter to the apartment main office

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes I was told that they don’t want our kind living here

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
6/18/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that.
.
What can I answer for you today? I see what you've written but I don't see a question listed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What are my rights

As far as what? I'll need you to be more specific with your question.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The apartment complex stated that they don’t want our kind living there. I’m a black single woman with an 18 Year old and a 21 year old. I received complaints that the young were loud and that our neighbors are afraid of us.

Okay, so let's start at the beginning. What is the reason they gave you a Notice to Quit?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Noise complaints, aggressive behavior, smells of marijuana, neighbors afraid
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Noise was the first complaint

Are you asking what the next steps in the process are?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Especially when I go to court
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
need to know the next process
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you still there?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No please
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you please just tell me the next process