Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I submitted an application with a 100 fee. I was accepted…

Customer Question
I submitted an application...

I submitted an application with a 100 fee. I was accepted and signed the lease for the apartment to be ready July 27, 2018. I just received an email stating that corporate office rejected application and now I have no apartment. Can that be legal

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

New Jersey

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

None. Before application and fee we talked about the criteria. If there was a bankruptcy then not to apply would be denied. However the bankruptcy I had filed for was dismissed because it was only for trying to get a modification for my mortgage.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

So they said oh well let’s see and application was filed and within 5 minutes approved

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Hello
How long does it take to get an answer to my question
6/1/2018
Lawyer: barristerinky, Attorney replied 2 months ago
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply as I am an actual practicing attorney, not an employee of JustAnswer.

.

I apologize for the delay, somehow your question got buried..

.

Do you have a copy of your signed lease?

.

.

thanks