Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I lease a space in a NYC building. For the short 7 months…

Customer Question
I lease a space...

I lease a space in a NYC building. For the short 7 months I've been there, there have been numerous problems, ALL the problems arise without notice and impact my ability to use the space for it's intended purpose (to see clients). Problems are no functioning toilet, broken elevators, unplanned construction in MY office due to plumbing issue, etc. I want to break the lease, without penalty. I had lost 4 documented work days totaling $5000.00 this month. The landlord is a jerk, doesn't even return calls!

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

New York in NYC. it's a commercial building, all offices.

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

I would have to check, I don't know that off-hand.

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/31/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 25 days ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Kindly note that I do not need the re-posting of the previous post. I just need to know what your specific question is.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Kindly note that I am working with multiple customers on the site and I respond to posts in order that they are received. If you have not heard from me it does not mean that I have ignored your post. It just means that I am currently working with another customer.