Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

What can I do if my landlord is harassing me ?I just got a…

Customer Question
What can I do...

What can I do if my landlord is harassing me ?I just got a notice of eviction 2 days ago for apparently my dog was peeing on the fourth floor of the building.I find it funny. my baby mother is walking my dog in the morning cuz I'm at work and its the for did landlord said it's the 4th floor my dog is peeing they have witnesses the find out there is no witness the only person that she sees or just going downstairs is the same landlord that lives on the 4th floor

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?

Actually in Canada. Brampton Ontario

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

We've been having issues with this landlord for a bit it was last month we got a letter saying how we weren't maintaining the unit the contractor came in our unit said it was filthy mind you all he had to do was go in the kitchen second of all we never got a notice that we were getting a contractor in our unit so we wrote back the letter I like how can we maintain a leak if we don't know nothing about the leak cuz the leak was behind basically Behind the Walls behind the fridge so we didn't know nothing about it so we have to write a letter then the landlord came I would like how it was known that like oh yeah we know you wouldn't notice so they're just trying to play games right about now. All things mainly started when they were supposed to come to my unit and check out the window. It was broken then I got another notice coming back saying all they couldn't enter the unit because of the dog when the dog was locked up in the cage and that wasn't the first time they did it so I've I got upset and I wrote them a letter saying if you don't want to do your job quit because like the dog is locked up you need to come into the unit to see the dog is locked up so they just trying to play games that's trying to make it look like I'm a I'm a bother

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yeah that eviction notice also said something about if I fix the problem within 7 days I don't have to move out my thing is any good landlord if someone reported something to you I would expect you to say something to me after the first time the person reported you're not going to wait till the first second third and you're going to give me a notice and I don't know nothing about it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
5/30/2018
Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 2 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

I understand your frustration. It sounds like you want to remain in the apartment. So, possibly if you "fix the problem (even if it is not your fault), then this can avoid an eviction proceeding. You can demand future notice also. If the landlord continues to harass you, then you could possibly get a restraining order against the landlord.

We can discuss this more if you want to do so.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

Hello again:

I hope I provided good service to you. If you need more, just let me know.