Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I have been on a extended stay at Motel 6 since February of…

Customer Question
I have been on...

I have been on a extended stay at Motel 6 since February of this year I went to go pay my week and the manager said my room was on reservation for someone else. I told her I have been here a long time with my two children why didn't she tell me I had to make a reservation every week. She told me she didn't have to say nothing. So now me and my two children are homeless.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?

Nashua NH and no its saturday no one is around

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

There is no lease its a motel

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
5/26/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, you are a hotel/motel guest and it falls under different laws than the regular landlord tenant laws. So, legally they can ask you to leave and you must leave or they can call the police to remove you I am sorry to say. See: NH RSA 353:3-c.

So, legally she could ask you to leave and you must go I am sorry to say.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.