Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I'm in Hawaii and renting a townhouse in pearl city called…

Customer Question
I'm in Hawaii and renting...
I'm in Hawaii and renting a townhouse in pearl city called Hale Ola Its by a private owner but this place.They have a site manager here I feel since day 1 or should I say the 2nd week that I moved in the security and the manager had something to say to me or site me on. Why because it was football season I had guess over watching a game where the security came knocking on my door saying keep the noise down but right across from me they was making same kind of noise and he just kept on walking didn't tell them anything ? mind you it was maybe 1pm in the afternoon, 2nd time I had a mop hanging out to dry it was inside of my property, 3rd my gf came over not even for 15min where she had her moped again in my property not blocking anyone and I got sited for that, now they are saying I have( unregistered tenants) in my unit, then it says nor shall any noxious or offensive activity or nuisance be made or suffered thereon?? It also say there are reports of frequent and heavy marijuana smoke coming from your unit that affects surrounding common areas and units.
I also hurt my knee on black Friday week since then some of my family, my Bf, and his family came every day to help me because I could not walk nor stand for a long period of time only since the 30th of April I went back to work.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 day by:
5/3/2018
Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 2 months ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
If I feel that I'm getting harassed by a site manager how do I go about this?
I feel also that they are making accusations that they can't prove and it can result in me losing my place.
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I'll wait for answer

You need to file complaint with your Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs.

You may also file complaint for Civil Harassment at your local Courthouse. You can obtain complaint forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office or online if the Court makes forms available online.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.