Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

State of Georgia. Can you answer may questions. My lease is…

Customer Question
This is for the...

This is for the state of Georgia. Can you answer may questions.

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

My lease is up on June 5 and I do not wish to renew. I am notifying the landlord today that I do not wish to renew. They are saying that I must pay rent for 60 days. Because it says so in my lease. May lease expires June 5?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that's it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
5/2/2018
Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
If lease ends on a fixed date you don’t need to pay beyond the end of lease provided you vacate and have given notice. If lease called for 60 day notice landlord has a claim for rent through end of June. You may negotiate reduced amount. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Glad to hear it. Please click the 5 star (*****) rating - it’s the only way I receive credit by the site. Leaving a bonus after rating is always very much appreciated. if you dont see the rating button you can just type back “5 stars” Thank you!