Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

When I moved into these senior apartments they had me pay…

Customer Question
When I moved into...

When I moved into these senior apartments they had me pay the 1st months rent and the last months rent ,which I did . I gave a 60 day notice that I was gonna move , now I've moved out in 30 days . They are saying I have to pay the last months rent again . Can they legally do that ! Judy

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

No the apartment was cleaned better than when I moved in . The of the lease was to give a 60 day notice of moveout .

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
4/3/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

.

Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

I want to make sure I understand correctly... you had one year lease - and you had to pay first and last month's rent as a security deposit? And you were supposed to give 60 days notice? Did you give 60 days notice?