Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I have been living with my boyfriend for the past 2 years in…

Customer Question
I have been living...

I have been living with my boyfriend for the past 2 years in a house that his father owns in Waxahachie, Texas. My ex boyfriend pays all the bills not his dad whose name is ***** ***** house. We have broken up and my ex said I could stay here til the end of the school year. Well then I was told last week I had to have 570 for rent by the first of April. I was told this by my ex boyfriend, not his dad. His dad then called me on the 30th and told me that was the last day to pay and I had to be out in one week. And that was the first and only time I had spoken to him since January. I am trying to find out if this is legal for him to do. Because this is putting me and my 3 kids living in a living room with other family members until I can get on my feet again

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in TX family court?

No I haven’t done anything bc I don’t know what to do

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No I haven’t I am trying to see what exactly I need to do

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that is all

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
4/2/2018
Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Does your ex have any kind of written lease agreement with his father?