Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I forgot to give a 30 notice,the landlord put a notice on…

Customer Question
I forgot to give...

I forgot to give a 30 notice,the landlord put a notice on the door that i had 30 days to vacate the apt or come sign the lease,i already had rented a another apt and had been paying on it for months.they have been raising my rent every year about 20 dollars,and they have not been giving me 1 30 notice for a number of years,i'm 72 and on social security.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Some,they would not give me an ice maker for years,telling me this apt was not hocked for one,my refigerater finally went out i had told them to replace it for years,i lost about 200 dollars in food cost.they finally gave me an ice maker,this apt complex had a bed bug problem that another attenant brought in,they heat treated the apt but never gave me a place to stay.for that night.also hall window got shot out a few years ago next to my apt,i was so scared i slept in my van for a few weeks,my religion is jewish i though it was to scare me,but i can't prove that.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/1/2018
Lawyer: barristerinky, Attorney replied 2 months ago
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

I have read your comments, but I am not sure what your legal question is?

.

Have you moved to a new apartment?

.

What does your religion have to do with this?

.

.

thanks

will i be kicked out of my new apt because i signed another lease for a year at this old apt.

I don't see any reason why that would happen if you pay for your new apt and don't violate any of the terms of the lease.

.

But the landlord could potentially sue you for any lost rent on the old place if you just move out and stop paying rent on it...

.

As an aside, in addition to being an attorney, I have also been a landlord for over 26 years...

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much