Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

When a tenet stopped paying rent & changed the locks &stayed…

Customer Question
When a tenet stopped...

When a tenet stopped paying rent & changed the locks &stayed for four months then abandoned the property can I go back in even when a judge denied eviction 8 months ago &property has been abandoned empty for over 7 months ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Yes emergency eviction denied by judge . waiting for acourt date since aug.23/2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Phila.. 19137

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can I take possession since property is abandon &vandals have attempted break ins

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
3/31/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the judge denied the eviction 8 months ago, you need to prove that the property has been abandoned in order to go back and take control over the property, however, since the court was involved, while you can go in and secure the property, you still need to return to court now and ask the court for an order for possession by filing a motion for emergency possession based on proof that the property is not only abandoned but is suffering damage and vandalism because it is abandoned.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.