Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

If someone is not on my lease but have been staying with me…

Customer Question
If someone is not...

If someone is not on my lease but have been staying with me for 2 months without paying rent how do I evict them and how much time do I give them?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Des Moines, Iowa

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

The person isn’t on my lease. I own the property.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It’s an ex boyfriend.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
3/31/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Do you answer on here?

Yup. Just one moment...