Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I have a hearing for what is a retaliatory eviction. I need…

Customer Question
I have a hearing...

I have a hearing for what is a retaliatory eviction. I need to know all the damages that are allowed me if victorious. I know the applicable statutes states tenant SHALL be granted a portion of their rent for the time the landlord ignored a complaint even if the unit was not rendered untenable. I know I can request my actual costs in defending the action

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Certainly, my apologies Volusia county, FL

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

It's not a maintenance issue. It's children allowed to commandeer parking lots, stairwells, and breezeways in direct violation of the terms of the lease and handbook(incorporated as part of the lease)

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. Thank you so much!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/30/2018
Lawyer: Nate, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Nate, Attorney

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

You mentioned the phrase "retaliatory eviction". What is the grounds the landlord is giving to evict you?