Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I recently moved out of a townhouse. I was owed a $6,400.

Customer Question
I recently moved out...

I recently moved out of a townhouse. I was owed a $6,400. security deposit and was given back $1,300. How do i tale them to court. Where there were some stains in the carpet, she went and RECARPETED the entire place.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None because I only just rec lived the check from her.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not sure what else

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
ok. because i did not give my email.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/30/2018
Lawyer: barristerinky, Attorney replied 3 months ago
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

How old was the carpet when you moved in? When you moved out?

.

.

thanks