Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

My landlord has been on me since August of 2017. She has…

Customer Question
My landlord has been...

My landlord has been on me since August of 2017. She has charged me double for rent for the same month, different amounts for the rent, refused my payments and threatened me to kick me out the first chance she gets. I have text messages, emails and invoices from her. She is taking me to court on Tues April 3.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Iowa

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

The mobile home is located in a trailer park The mobile home is own by my sister-in-law and financed through a mortgage company.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The lot rent is in my name and the mobile home is my sister-in-laws.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 day by:
3/30/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,