Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Does a house tenant in Kansas 4 months past due in rent on a…

Customer Question
Does a house tenant...

Does a house tenant in Kansas 4 months past due in rent on a month to month oral lease retain any legal tenant rights after she has abandoned the property at least 4 months ago?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Kansas

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

NO

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
3/28/2018
Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

No rights. That extended period evidences abandonment without intent to return

If my reply is fast and acceptable, please reply "acceptable"