Landlord-Tenant

Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
Tenant was forcibly evicted on Nov 1 and arrested at that
Lori
Lori, Juris Doctor
Tenant was forcibly evicted on Nov 1 and arrested at that time. … read more
What are my rights as a renter with regards to reimbursement
Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones, Juris Doctorate
Thank you! What are my rights as a renter with regards ***** ***** for expenses for the requirement of having to vacate my home and move items out of the home before fumigation? … read more
I need help ASAP. San francisco California. 1 year written
DanLegal
DanLegal, Law Partner
I need help ASAP JA: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this? Customer: PLEASE JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenanc… read more
How's it going - I'm a tenant in a large building in san
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi, Attorney
hi, how's it going - I'm a tenant in a large building in san francisco. the property management folks here have a rule in the lease against placing any objects on window sills in the apartment, and ha… read more
Oh! Didn't mean to hit send yet! My girlfriend has been
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
Oh! Didn't mean to hit send yet! My girlfriend has been staying with me for the last 4 1/2 years. The building sold two years ago. The previous landlord/owner approved her basically living here (she is here 5-6 nights a week). The new landlords renovated the lower level apartment which took a year, and then moved in 1 year ago. This week, they have told me that she can only stay if we have a new lease where she and her dog are added to the lease. With this, they said my rent will increase over 200%. I live in a rent controlled apartment in San Francisco and I am the only person on the lease that was with the previous owner, who verbally approved my girlfriend but never added her to the lease. What can the landlord legally do and what are my options? … read more
Will i be charged for getting an answer to my question?
Law Educator, Esq., lawyer
will i be charged for getting an answer to my question? … read more
I have a tenant in a San Francisco unit in my garage. They
Phillips Esq., Attorney
I have a tenant in a San Francisco unit in my garage. They were given a 120 days notice of non renewal of their lease. I think I understand eviction process fairly well and will be starting that on Tu… read more
I purchased a apt. in San Francisco a year and a half ago..
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
I purchased a apt. in San Francisco a year and a half ago.. One tenant has stated she had a verbal with a previous owner to park two vehicles free. Previous tenants were all granted one parking space … read more
I am a disabled person my building will not accept my
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Doctoral Degree
I am a disabled person my building will not accept my bonafide disability if your going to ask me for money please tell me up front what im paying for … read more
What is the law in California regarding the responsibility
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
Hello, What is the law in California regarding the responsibility of my landlord regarding screens on the windows? … read more
Landlord threat to have replacement car of 76 year old lady
Phillips Esq., Attorney
Landlord threat to have replacement car of 76 year old lady (my friend and neighbor) towed away at her expense. I help her often with various matters. She has authorized me to send this email to you. … read more
I rent an apartment about 2 months ago I got a roommate who
socrateaser, lawyer
I rent an apartment about 2 months ago I got a roommate who pays 350 the first month was paid they have yet to pay again we agreed they would move out now all of sudden they said they went to the poli… read more
I have a section 8 tenant in San Francisco. I want to raise
Law Educator, Esq., lawyer
I have a section 8 tenant in San Francisco. I want to raise rent but need tenant signature on request form. What will I do if tenant refuse to sign? … read more
I have lived in the same Oakland apartment for 30 + years.
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Hi. I have lived in the same Oakland apartment for 30 + years. Other than one coat over some severe water damage in the living room/hall 16 years ago, the landlord has never painted. The hardwood floo… read more
I have an urgent issue here in GA with the landlord of my
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Juris Doctor
I have an urgent issue here in GA with the landlord of my property where I have resided for over 5 years. … read more
I am a landlord in the middle of a dispute with a tenant. I
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
I am a landlord in the middle of a dispute with a tenant. I know I am legally allowed to conduct a safety inspection of my house after giving 24hrz notice. What if my tenants ignore the request for an… read more
I signed a lease to an apartment on September 1, 2014. The
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
I signed a lease to an apartment on September 1, 2014. The building was purchased by a new owner shortly after that but we were guaranteed that our leases would be honored. This building has about 200… read more
Hi I have signed a contract in Parkmerced SF. And here
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Juris Doctor JD
Hi I have signed a contract in Parkmerced SF. And here is the problem. They told me that I pay more 40 dollars per month and I will get a Dishwasher and Microwave. But the problem is when I saw the ro… read more