Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I’m a landlord in CA I want to evict my tenant is on a month…

I’m a landlord in...

I’m a landlord in CA I want to evict my tenant is on a month to month rental since 2016. Can I give her a 30 day notice or must it be 60’day since she’s been a tenant do over 1 year ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

CA

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

CA

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Issue is that she has an adult daughter that’s visits and causes problems. For example the daughter has a boyfriend that came over that she fought with inside my rental and needed up breaking a window. I had to call the Cops to stop them from fighting and removed them from the premises

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/27/2018
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Attorney

Thank you for your question.

"A landlord can end a periodic tenancy (for example, a month-to-month tenancy) by giving the tenant proper advance written notice. Your landlord must give you 60 days advance written notice that the tenancy will end if you and every other tenant or resident have lived in the rental unit for a year or more." from

http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/landlordbook/moving-out.shtml#notices

If you are in a city with a rent or eviction control ordinance, there may be other requirements. If you are not sure, please tell me in which town or city the property is located and I can determine if there is a local ordinance that applies.

I hope this information is helpful.

I saw you posted a follow up question in a new thread.

Inglewood is not subject to the Los Angeles rent ordinances, see

http://edwardhillpropertymanagement.com/los-angeles-city-rent-control-map/

I hope this information is helpful.

N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Attorney

Thank you very much for the great rating!

N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Attorney