Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I had a termination of tenancy notice put on my door with no…

Customer Question
Hello I had a...

Hello I had a termination of tenancy notice put on my door with no reason why. I have never had any

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?

Complaints

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have never been late on my rent. I believe The property manager has a personal dislike to me and has given me several issues prior to her posting this note on my door. According to my neighbors she is blaming me for a car parked in front of the building that was egged. Which I had nothing to do with.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
3/27/2018
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer.

Thank You for posting your landlord-tenant question this evening. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with your legal issue.

So long as you have been compliant with your lease conditions, not been involved in illegal activity on the property and complied with HOA rules and municipal laws on noise you cannot be evicted for other arbitrary reasons.

A notice posted on your property has no legal effect of its own but must be followed up with court eviction proceedings. Once presented with an eviction complaint you will have the opportunity to deny the charges in the complaint and stay in the property.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback and rating today to get a credit for my time.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated in this regard.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have tried contacting the owner about this matter but he has yet to respond to me. The termination of tenancy notice says I have until May 31 to “surrender possession of the premises to the landlord.” “ If you do not surrender possession of these premises on or before the date set forth judicial proceedings will be instituted for your eviction”How can I stop this from happening?

A person or your landlord is entitled to initiate a civil action so you , you can file a motion for summary dismissal should this occur.

You cannot deny anybody's access from the court.

If you want to take preventative action you would need to go to court yourself seeking a declaration that the notice is invalid by requesting declaratory relief.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer