How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Olivia Kent Your Own Question
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6169
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Olivia Kent is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I let this person move his truck camper on my property and

This answer was rated:

I let this person move his truck camper on my property and reside there while he was doing work for me. There was never a lease or rent collected and I paid him for all the work he did. Now I want him off my land. Do I have to go through the courts to evict him or can I treat him as an RV Park can and give him a 72 hour notice to remove his RV or I will have it towed?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: No lease, no terms.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

I'm guessing you're not licensed as an RV park, in which case you'd need to do it the "regular" way, the same way that anyone who has a tenant or a person who has otherwise overstayed their welcome. The alternative is termed self-help and it is illegal. You would need to serve him with a Notice to Quit and if he fails to leave you would then file a formal legal action to evict. That would give him an opportunity to respond. It generally takes about a month from start to finish. Please let me know if I've answered your question. I understand that this is not good news and I apologize for that. I hope you don't take it out on me or my rating... I have an ethical responsibility to tell you what the law actually is - and even if I didn't have that obligation I'd still want you to avoid a legal headache if I possibly can help you avoid that! So I just need you to know what you're up against. If I have answered your question, if you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.

Olivia Kent and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Thanks so much for your rating!

And, just for future reference, I want you to have a way to get back to me directly (if you want). If you need anything and you want to reach me you can do so by going to: or by putting "This Question Is For Olivia" before you start typing your question in a new question thread.