Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I have a tenant suing me because they said I took advantage…

I have a tenant...

I have a tenant suing me because they said I took advantage of them and put them out so I can make more money off of them fixing my home up

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Desoto Parish Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

I could never get the girl to sign the lease they put the girl in the house before I knew about it all I had was a contract with the mother. The mother is saying she had no contract with them but we had a verbal contract her lawyer is mr. Fryer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have never gone through this before I don't know

3/26/2018
Infolawyer, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Unless tenant is claiming they were physically harmed or didnt have habitable premises, I am not hearing a claim here.

They are saying I owe them money for the work they put into the home and I am trying to make money off of the work they did. Their lawyer seems to think they have a case. I have never done this and I am really scared.
I just tried to help someone out and it kind of bit me hard

Tenant may not recover for work done on home unless you hired them to do work and agreed to pay. anything else is purely voluntary and not recoverable.

In fact, some work on home is likely not authorized and would be a violation by tenant!

If my reply is fast and acceptable, please reply "acceptable"

I have a court date and I need someone to represent me

I can recommend a directory for finding local counsel.

site rules dont permit us, would you like that?

Infolawyer, Attorney
Irwin Law
Phone call session started