Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Is the landlord responsible for suztic tank if the property…

Customer Question
Is the landlord responsible...

Is the landlord responsible for suztic tank if the property has one

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

ARizona

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Tenants pay the rent and the landlord is responsible for the up keep of property.. but now she says it our wasted and she will not fix the problem. so I am thinking of taking the service fees out of the rent. What do you suggest?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have had trouble with repairs to this trailer and it has been taken a while to get them replace. maybe there is a letter that can tell the landlord than it is a responsibility to take care of her property if she is going to rent it our. I would like to get this solve before rent is due by the 1st of the month if possible.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
3/26/2018
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 4 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 4 months ago

I've reviewed your question and I'm happy to help. Give me just a few minutes to finish typing up some information for you, thanks!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 4 months ago

Yes, according to the Arizona Mobile Home Parks Residential Landlord and Tenant Act (A.R.S. Title 33 Chapter 11) your landlord is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the septic tank.

See specifically section 33-1434 where this is addressed directly.

You can access it here: https://www.azag.gov/sites/default/files/documents/files/Arizona%20Mobile%20Home%20Parks%20Residential%20Landlord%20Tenant%20Act%20%20_October%202014_%283%29.pdf

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 4 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!