Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I own a co-op and our management or board is in termoil, we…

Customer Question
I own a co-op...

I own a co-op and our management or board is in termoil , we need advice

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

A elder previous board member has submitted a request for an accounting of the money from the audit committe but there is no audit committee and when we threatening to bring in an outside attorney , some of the Board start resigning, there is no transparency and we have no idea where there $50+ thousand a month is going or to whom and or for what. We feel there may be some wrong doing?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the co-op located?

Bridgeport Ct. 215 units 17 buildings

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We would like to know how to get the board and the Law firm to cease and decist and step down, they are now trying to have a paper ballot because they claim they cannot get quorum when they schedule meetings at place and times no one wishes to attend

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
3/26/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The only way to get the board to back down and the law firm to stop is you will need to get your own attorney and will now have to file suit against the board since they are purposely setting meeting times when they know everyone cannot make it and since they have not provided an accounting upon demand, which they must provide under CT law.

At this point, if you are not getting cooperation and not getting an audit you need to file suit and if money is found to have been stolen, then board members involved will end up arrested as well as liable for replacing the money they took.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.