Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

You move into an apartment in August with a year lease. The…

You move into an...

You move into an apartment in August with a year lease. The building then asks you to up the lease the first of September, when you really have no idea what the apartment is like?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

After living in the apt she found multiple problems. For example the garbage shuts are locked, broken glass in the hallway and loud and noisy. She has complained and she also has asked to move. she though she had it settled with someone to take over the apartment but it did not work. she is a master

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have also talked to the property manager. when I went to visit the hallway smelled of raw sewarge, and her secure parking gate was broke (one month). she was told that the person taking over her apt was signing the lease and then they said we are sorry she does not meet your lease. she has already found a new apt and placed a deposit. she is on a special federal government decrease for her rent

3/24/2018
Infolawyer, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
One can she be forced to sign a lease for a second year without living in the apartment for a period of time.
she has had nothing but problems in the apartment from garbage shuts locked, fecal smell in hallways, broken glass in hallways, leak in apt from leaking washers that they knew about and a broken gate in her parking that she pays for that still is not fixed. she wants to get out of the lease can she do so
the apt is in Norwood Ohio
A lease signed under duress can be voided.
A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
If the building is not being maintained does she have the right to void the lease
Breach of warranty of habitability.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
thank you
yes
Very welcome.
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Attorney