Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I am a 63 yr old nurse working the 3-11:30 shift. I rent a…

Customer Question
Hi... I am a...

Hi... I am a 63 yr old nurse working the 3-11:30 shift. I rent a condo in a large complex. When I get home from work at midnight there is no where to park. I am single with one vehicle. The problem I believe is we have many students in the complex in roommate situations with multiple vehicles and they park in all of he spaces near my/ their condos. As a last resort I've been parking illegally I n a handicap spot or in front of someones garage. I don't sleep well because I'm in fear of being ticketed or towed so I get up early to move my car from these illegal spots to one that is now available b cause someone has gone to work/school. This is really affecting the quality of my life and my health because I don't get any sleep. Do I as a tenant have the right to park near my condo and is thete anything I can do about this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Yes... Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Upkeep of the condo??

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that I am so frustrated with this situation. It just doesn't seem right that I either have to park1/4 mile away or illegally. Im so tired all the time from lack of sleep and I'm just lost at how to resolve this.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
3/24/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

Hi:.. I hope I you can help me
No phone call at this time

I'm going to be very honest with you - unless there is *something* in your paperwork that guarantees you a spot within X number of feet of your door there's really not that much you can do. I know... not good news. However, parking in handicapped spots or blocking someone in is a sure recipe for disaster... you'll either get ticketed or towed or both and that will cost you a small fortune. Your very best bet would be to speak with the management of the condo complex so they can maybe send out a notice regarding people who don't have the right to park - or parking too many cars. Please let me know if I've answered your question. I understand that this is not good news and I apologize for that. I hope you don't take it out on me or my rating... I have an ethical responsibility to tell you what the law actually is - and even if I didn't have that obligation I'd still want you to avoid a legal headache (suing someone for the parking spot or having to deal with fines/tickets) if I possibly can help you avoid that! So I just need you to know what you're up against. If I have answered your question, if you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.

How do I know you're a lawyer and this is not a scam?

You can look me up I suppose. We're all lawyers and we're all vetted.

This site has been reviewed by the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal... everyone... it's a legitimate site :)

I do this to try to help people... that's all I can tell you.

In any case, if you ever DO want to come back... I want you to have a way to get back to me directly (if you want) - so that you're not forced to explain your situation to someone new. If you need anything and you want to reach me you can do so by clicking
https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-droliviak-jd-md/?rpt=3800