Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I received a 72-hour notice pay or leave premises I paid…

I received a 72-hour notice...
I received a 72-hour notice pay or leave premises I paid yesterday and now I received another today dated for last rent can my landlord do that
3/24/2018
LandlordTenantAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Do you have a lease or rent month to month?

Month to month

Thank you. If rent is owed and past due, the landlord has a legal right to it and if it is not paid, evict. Since you are on a month to month lease, it would appear the landlord wants you out as a tenant, as a result of the issue with the rent and even if they evicted you, the rent would still be owed, so they could sue. In this case, it appears that they want their rent or will start the eviction process, instead of giving you the proper 30 day notice to vacate and end the tenancy. If you do not pay, they will evict, so you may not have the 30 days and this can appear on your record and be an issue, if you try and find a new place to live.

Thank you

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

LandlordTenantAnswer