Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I am a landlord that am sueing in small claims a tenant who…

Customer Question
I am a landlord...

I am a landlord that am sueing in small claims a tenant who did not pay rent after moving in and when served with a 3-day pay or quit moved out 3 weeks later with all of my belongings. she and her roomates moved to colorado... after they signed a lease and there are 4 months remaining unpaid on the lease...they owe me $4800 on the abandoned lease, and another $3000 on what they stole.what are my opt

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

California what are my options?

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Their excuse, which is totally false, say the home is uninhabital... I sent a handyman over each time they complained and each time the handyman could not find anything at all wrong with the home. I had everything double checked after they moved out and found nothing wrong but the filth they left, and dog stains on brand new carpet...also they damaged the flooring etc.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am 80 yrs old this year and this has frazzled me and kept me awake at night. I already spent several thousand just checking everything over again.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
3/23/2018
Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
what can I answer for you?