Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I recently moved into a new Apt, And management said that…

Customer Question
Hi I recently...

Hi I recently moved into a new Apt, And management said that the Apt was ready, But when we started moving in the Walls were Filthy, No New Carpet Broken And missing Blinds Kitchen and Living Room, Oven dirty oven light not working ,Nail polish on Bathroom Counter,Stickers on Kitchen Cabinets, Carpet Torn, Kitchen Counter Top Buckling,Walls Not Painted But had to pay Deposit of $987.00 to move in And I put $100.00 down just to hold the Apt. WHAT CAN I DO WANTING TO MOVE, BUT SINGED A YEAR LEASE MOVED IN ON MARCH 9th. Please Help

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

OMAHA, NEBRASKA

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Supposed to fix items gave Property management list of all the things that are Wrong with the Apt, But haven't heard from them yet to address the issues, But JESSICA the assistant Property Managet is more concerned about my income keeps saying they need my check stubs, my Supervisor already faxed the information they are requesting

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
3/23/2018
Lawyer: barristerinky, Attorney replied 3 months ago
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

It definitely sounds like the place was dirty and not like a new place... But the problem here is that while there are a lot of little things, none of them would make the property uninhabitable so as to give you legal grounds to terminate the tenancy and vacate.

.

So at this point you need to take pictures of all the problems and keep them in a file somewhere so you are not charged for anything at the end of your lease because you only have to return it in the same condition that you received it in, normal wear and tear excepted..

.

With that said, you need to document everything in writing and make sure that you put all repair requests in writing to the landlord because it sounds like you may be dealing with a landlord who doesn't take care of their properties very well..

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much