Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Can I be made to move by March 25th 2018 when I just got a…

Customer Question
Can I be made to...
Can I be made to move by March 25th 2018 when I just got a paper from a legal aid lawyer yesterday telling me to vacate the property by midnight March 25
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
3/23/2018
Lawyer: LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney replied 3 months ago
LandlordTenantAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. What is the basis for this? Was an eviction filed against you?

No eviction notice just a paper from a legal aid lawyer that says notice to vacate

And did they give you a reason why? Do you have a lease or rent month to month?

No reason why no lease or no month to month rent

And this is in what State?

Florida
He is my stepfather my girlfriend and I needed a place to stay so he let us stay in this place and now he don't want me here no more I didn't have to pay any rent just the lights and my girlfriend is disabled and has been since 1991 can he just throw us out just like that by to the 25

Thank you. This does seem odd and not valid. I say this because to end a month to month tenancy, at least a 15 day notice would need to be given. If there was unpaid rent, it would be 3 days to cure but if the landlord just wants you to move out and you do not have a lease, 15 days would need to be given. If there was any violations, you would need to be placed on notice and given a chance to cure them, so if nothing else is said, and he wants you out, he needs to give you at least 15 days and then if you do not move, file for eviction.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.