Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I lived in a house with my ex girlfriend. I served her a…

Customer Question
Hello, I lived in...

Hello, I lived in a house with my ex girlfriend. I served her a thirty day notice and she has since moved out. She’s claiming I can not change the locks yet because she has two weeks left on the notice.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I’m worried about who she will bring over and when. I’m in California.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

All I have done is served her a 30 day notice, approximately two weeks ago. She has left today.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I live alone and I’m worried she’ll be over with people at odd hours.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
3/23/2018
Lawyer: Jessica B,
 replied 3 months ago
Jessica B

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I hope I may be of assistance with your question. Please remember to rate my service at the end of this session. Thank you! Has your ex moved her property out of the home?