Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

How much is your fee? State. I am a property manager. I have…

How much is your...

How much is your fee?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?

Washington State

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am a property manager. I have a question related to tenants property while they are living in a unit etc

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

If you can post your legal question and some of the back story about what is going on, I should be able to help..

.

.

thanks

Can a landlord legally throw away a current tenants item if they don't remove them from the area in which they a stored. I have never done this in the past as I have always considered their things personal property. I would ask them to remove the item if I needed, but I have recently been requested by my supervisor to send a letter out to all tenants that if they don't remove their belongings from "such and such" we would be removing them and charging them the dump fees. Like from their porches, patios, yards etc...maybe a common space as well.
I believe I typed in my wrong phone number in the previous field but I don't know how to go back and change it. My contact number is(###) ###-####

Can a landlord legally throw away a current tenants item if they don't remove them from the area in which they a stored.

.

Not unless they have given the tenant a written notice to remove the item within XX days or it will be considered abandoned and disposed of.. The landlord has to give notice and an opportunity to reclaim the item before they dispose of it as abandoned. It is best to send the notice certified and first class mail for proof of mailing..

.

The phone call offers are auto generated by the website, not me personally. I do not participate in the phone call program for the site and limit my interaction with customers only to the website because I like to have time to think about a customer’s question and research it so I can provide the best answer possible in writing.

.

However, if you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

I am more than happy to continue on the website though if you have further questions..

.

As an aside, in addition to being an attorney, I have also been a landlord for over 26 years...

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much

Is there a difference should the personal property be located in the area that is part of the area a tenant rents (fenced, balcony, patio)? It would seem illegal to take their property from these spaces even with notice.

Yes, if this is part of the area they rent, then the landlord can't touch it. They can only give the tenant a notice of lease violation if they are doing something in storing personal property there that is a violation..

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much

Thank you for confirming this for me. I appreciate it.

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time.

.

Please take a moment to rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated for my work.

.

Thanks much

barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney