Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

The owner of the house we live in lost his house to

Customer Question
Hello my name is*****...

Hello my name is***** owner of the house we live in lost his house to foreclosure. Didnt tell us till three days ago. We are a six member family 2 adults4 children. The bank filed for writ of possession he didn't go to court. Last night he shows me a eviction notice for today. All the bills aremin my name is ***** ***** i can do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?

New Jersey. He said he was but I dont think he did.

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

There was no lease he failed to pay his mortgage and we are getting caught in the crossfire. We have nowhere to go on short notice. I have a new born

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
3/21/2018
Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 4 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Did the bank provide notice to you? Did you get served with a complaint? Did you answer it? Is there a hearing scheduled?