Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I have a tenant who has demanded that we refund 2778.00 of…

I have a tenant...

I have a tenant who has demanded that we refund 2778.00 of rent and deposit paid on 3/1/2018. WE served 30 day notice to vacate lease as his dogs were too noisy and off leash in violation of lease agreement. He never gave me the completed rental agreement and is very threatening.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

North carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

He says that he did not have use of basement and shed which was actually not on agreement, but that he was bothered by alarm sound

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He kept saying you better watch out tomorrow

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Is the tenant still living in the property?

What was the original term of the lease?

Do the lease and shed explicitly state that he doesn't have access to the basement and shed? Is he otherwise renting the entire property?

first he said he would leave if I paid. him 2778.00, and I had already sent a certified copy of the eviction notice to him in the mail yesterday, Now. he claims he has a lawyer and won't talk to us. he is scary

Does the lease explicitly state that he doesn't have access to the basement and shed? Is he otherwise renting the entire property?

initial lease for 6 months, and he signed everything, yet did not return application as was necessary
the lease does not mention either shed or basement, just the house itself. it did say he could park a trailer,.
it gave one parking spot, that is it.

Okay, thank you.

Not returning the application doesn't necessarily mean the agreement isn't valid. When did he originally move in?

Lucy, Esq., Attorney
he moved in Feb 28, 2018
Phone call session started