Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Term RV living at Colliton Gardens in Felton Ca. My husand…

Long Term RV living at...
Long Term RV living at Colliton Gardens in Felton Ca. My husand and I have been in the park for 18 months. We all do 3 months leases, for that way the county think that we are moving out every 6-7 months like the state and county wants park owner do. They have never done this. So, on 11/20/17 we call got emails about how we were all having to pay for electric now and our rent would go down to 800.00 month for a year then it will raise by 20.00 each year for 5 years, so I was paying just 855.00 which includes water electric cable trash etc. In this notice it stated that all of us were going to pay for the electric stating January 1 2018 but they had us pay for November electric which should be part of the old lease in January and then in February we paid December electric which part of the old lease. you don't dare to say anything for that would piss him off and you would be kick out. So, we went in on our due date to pay our rent and they wouldn't take. they told us the we needed to move for he wants to make the spot into something else than what it is now, were we have been for a years. He did offer an other spot knowing that we wouldn.t fit So, we have a lease from January 11,2018 to March 11. 2018 I did receive my March notice of Electric bill and Monthly payment and what extra we have ,i.e.. extra pet and daughter each cost 30. each. No problem on paying that, family. He said that he was talking with lawyers right now about what he is and can do with us. We have not received anything in writing, so we have no idea what is going on. I feel that If I need to move I should be put in a space to whom ever came in behind me. I feel that this man knows that we all at his mercy and don't dare cross him. HELP
Answered in 1 day by:
3/21/2018
Wendy
Wendy, Moderator
I'm a moderator for this website. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Wendy
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please. Thank You, ***** *****
Lori
Lori, FL attorney

Hello. Let me see if I can assist. You have a written lease. Even though the lease states that it expires on March 11, you are entitled to notice to vacate. The landlord cannot just evict you. the law requires notice to you and then an eviction action, if necessary. You are entitled to notice of the eviction action so you can defend the action and state your case to the judge.

I recommend that you just keep paying rent like you always have (and electric bill, etc.). Force him to give you notice and make it so he has to negotiate with you.

Have I answered all your questions?
If so, please remember to accept my response and post a positive rating.

Lori
Lori, FL attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much. I understand what you are saying. Thank you but I don't think that he will take it again for he is a very unpleasant man. Thank you again,
Lori
Lori
Lori, FL attorney