Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I'm dealing with harassment from my complex management and…

Customer Question
I'm dealing with harassment...

I'm dealing with harassment from my complex management and need or of my lease

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Az

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing hoping they would back off but it's getting worse

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Dealing with roaches, bedbugs, and now multiple possible eviction notices with paying rent (increases with ever lease signing) on time monthly for over 2.5 years and keeping to ourselves. I have no money right now to move or pay for a lawyer

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We have lived here over 2.5 years with no problem until we signed a 6 month lease last January, been paying rent on time. We moved in with my motorcycle that they now won't let me park on property at all let alone in our assigned parking spot, keep getting notices that we are violating something in our lease that were Mercer issues before like keeping items on our patio that has been there since we moved in but now is a problem and we are done with the harassment but have no money to move with because of the rent increase
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
3/21/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do i get out of my lease with nothing backfiring on my rental history? Also can they tow away my motorcycle that clearly runs with staying i can not park it on property?

Thank you for the information.

I cannot make any guarantees that your action will not backfire on you. I can only provide information based on your issue.

If you are having issues with the apartment complex and now need to get out of your lease because of the issue, then you need to give the Landlord a written notice that you would be terminating your lease early and carefully list the issues just like you did on your post here and ask the Landlord to release you from further obligation under the lease. The Landlord may agree or may not agree and may hold you to the remainder of the lease. Then if you move out, the Landlord may file lawsuit against you to recover the remainder of the rent left on the lease. The Landlord must serve you with the Summons and a copy of the Complaint for breach of the lease so that you can respond and tell the Court why you must not be held liable for the remainder of the lease just like you did on your post.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can the management really tow away my motorcycle after over 2 years of my only occasionally riding and being ok with it? Are they allowed to now allow me to park it in my parking spot?

Can the management really tow away my motorcycle after over 2 years of my only occasionally riding and being ok with it?

Response 1: Unfortunately, yes.

Are they allowed to now allow me to park it in my parking spot?

Response 2: Regrettably, yes if it violates the complex rules.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am not violating complex rules due to not storing my motorcycle there, they are just saying i am storing it due to not working, already proved it to them it runs and they have a tow truck repeatedly coming by to see if i brought it back so they could tow it away. All over not riding while the office is open due to being at my caregiving job needing a 4 wheeled vehicle.

Thank you for the information.

Then if your motorcycle is towed under the circumstances, you can sue the management for towing it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have the money to get it back so how would i get it back if they tow it?

At this time, I will opt out to give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law