Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I am in a lease/purchase agreement in a cabin in the Smoky…

Hello, I am in a...
Hello, I am in a lease/purchase agreement in a cabin in the Smoky Mountains. It began in 2015 until present, however the landlady will not do any repairs and if she does she blames it on us. more...it keep erases my question
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Infolawyer, Attorney
Landlord has to maintain premises.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage. Small claims is a good option.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
The lease house is in one City and the Landlady lives in another City. Where will we have to go to Court?
Either but preferably where landlady is located.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Thanks! Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Attorney