Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

What are my rights as a tenant with physical disabilities by…

Customer Question
What are my rights...

What are my rights as a tenant with physical disabilities by birth?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Actually unfortunately no I rent a room at my ex- boyfriend's property and although I have a very good job I make less than $ 40.000 a year so if my calculations are correct I can only pay between $800 - $900 killing myself (I was born w/ Spina Bifida and I want and I'm trying to rent an apartment and they are not cheap in Westchester, I live in Yonkers; on top of that he and I are not getting along very well and he does not have the best temper and he drinks and in addition his mother is always there involved and telling my sister that things and causing problems between my sister & I am I perfect no but her son is not perfect and Im his tenant and because of him I have taken cold showers because the water heating broke more the once, he does not shavel the stairs in front of the house when it snow (yes he does not see perfectly but he is not blind) in one of the snow storms that we had in Westchester instead of being home to clean the slash on the stairs in front of the house and at the sidewalk he went to the house of one of his mother's firends to help him with his computer now mind you because I was born with Spina Bifida I was born with Hidrocephalus (which wrongfully yet commonly known as extra water in the brain so the extra water was pushing my brain out of my skull; so if I fall I have a potential of death really.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a NY lawyer about this?

No not yet I did not want to get to this point yet unless necessary and I was looking for something at Westchester just to get some information like what are my rights and so on if I do want to proceed I start talking to Disabled on the move so that they can help me with finding a place to move (the ones in Westchester) so I'm certain they will help me yet I don't believe that this is right and his mother yesterday spoke to me and gave me an attitude like as if the house was hers and I asked him whose house is this because I'm paying you the rent? now I was not a saint she did get to me and I was not very nice to her and I believe I even cursed at her and everything and it all started because I went to speak to him and ask him questions about the gentleman with whom we have been doing our taxes with since is taxes season then it all started. so what can I do?? Truly thank you very much.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Know that is it but it is just the question of what I can do, I don't want to make things worse nor a war or anything just what can I do and I have started my process with Westchester Disabled on the move so I don't want you guys to contact anyone I just need an advice and to know if I'm doing the right things, really and truly thank you very much and just to your firm know I also have some pictures as well including from the mess from one of the storms that we had in Yonkers once again thank you. Enjoy your weekend

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 day by:
3/19/2018
Lawyer: Wendy, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Wendy
Wendy, Moderator
I'm a moderator for this website. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Wendy
I sure do and I paid for it too is this a fraud online business to take money from people? where is the answer to my question because I paid for it, Im waiting
Lawyer: barristerinky, Attorney replied 4 months ago
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

I have read all your comments, but I don't see an actual legal question... If you can post a specific question, I should be able to answer it..

.

.

thanks

I would like to know what can be done to a landlord regarless of our past knowing of my disability whom did not take my disability into consideration and made the alterations & accomodations that he should do by law when renting for a person with disabilities??
This is in reality a scam enjoy the money you made from me

Ok, if you are going to be rude then I will opt out and see if any other expert is willing to help..

And it is not a scam as you can contact customer service and request a full refund at any time..