Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

My tenants in writing agreed for 60 days before their last…

Customer Question
My tenants in writing...

My tenants in writing agreed for 60 days before their last day ( they buying house) let showing the apartment to new potential tenants. They have the dog and motivate now they will not allowed 1. to put the lock box to enter the realtor with out their presence ( despite for reasonable notice) 2. they will be present only after 6 pm.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

It is condo apartment in T***** *****s Springfield NJ

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

They lived for 2 years and we agreed for additional 6 months . Their last day is April 30. Closing day to purchase the house is March 30. They objecting that yesterday the lock box was put.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Their concern the safety for their dog ( has crate) and the visitors.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
3/17/2018
Lawyer: LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney replied 4 months ago
LandlordTenantAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. If they agree to this in writing and your lease allows it and the law does support it, they would need to comply. You have a right to show the home if you are going to rent it and do not have to sit idle and wait until their lease expires to first find someone to rent it. It could take a few weeks or months to find a tenant, so you can start advertising it now and schedule showings. If the showings are during normal hours and you provide reasonable notice, they can proceed and you do not have to 1) make sure they are home or 2) do it only aft6 pm6pm. If they have a dog and you provide reasonable notice, they can crate them. If they refuse to cooperate, you could then terminate their lease early and evict, for the violation and breach.