Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I am attempting to file an eviction notice on ex husband and…

Second opinion] I am...

Second opinion] I am attempting to file an eviction notice on ex husband and my son for the reasons I will state if you can pass judgement on the letter I have prepared. Is this possible? I can type it for you to peruse if it is ok.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Had a lawyer send them a letter demanding $1000.00 for monthly rent, on Feb 3, 2018. Gave them 10 days to answer. Don Innes said he needed more time to go through his paper work. To date he has not acted.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Should I go ahead and type the letter now or wait?

cutting the chains with the padlocks won't get me into trouble for damage to their equipment?
Answered in 1 day by:
3/17/2018
Wendy
Wendy, Moderator
I'm a moderator for this website. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Wendy
I would like to know what I can do. At least get rid of my son a he is a trouble maker. Don is lazy and a coward, he might cave without support.
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark, lawyer
Eviction proceedings, also called forcible entry and detainer lawsuits, are governed by the Residential Landlord and Tenant chapter of the Oregon Revised Statutes. A landlord must provide the tenant with notice before filing the eviction lawsuit with the court.If the landlord waits for eight days after the rent is due, then the landlord only needs to give the tenant a three-day notice. The three-day notice must inform the tenant that the tenant needs to pay the rent within the three-day time period or the landlord will begin eviction proceedings (see Ore. Rev. Stat. § 90.394(2)(a)).The Oregon State Bar and OregonLawHelp.org, a legal aid service for the state of Oregon, provide more information about the eviction proceedings.
Also here is a notice to vacate form.http://www.homewardboundpm.com/Tenants_files/30-day%20notice%20to%20vacate.pdf
II believe I have adequately addressed your concerns. If you are satisfied with my response please reward me with a positive rating of five stars so that I can get credit for the session. Thanks
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark, lawyer