Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I live in seattle WA, undergoing eviction. But i never

I live in seattle...

I live in seattle WA, undergoing eviction

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

But i never received eviction summons to appear in court, just an eviction notice signed by the judge

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

12 month lease up in may

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Seattle wa

3/15/2018
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

I have read your comments, but I don't see an actual legal question?

.

.

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What length of time am i allowed to move when eviction notice is placed?
I was curious about the legal process of eviction because i under the impression that i was supposed have access to a hearing

How did you receive the notice...mail, posted on the door... sheriff deliver it?

,.

What does the notice say...that a judgment has been entered against you and you have XX days to vacate?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It was posted on the door
Out by 3/17/18
Saying that the police are allowed to break and enter if necessary
I am at work i don’t remember all of the specifics of what it said, that just stood out to me

If the paper you received is a judgment and writ of execution, then 5 days after it was issued, the landlord can have the sheriff come and physically force you to vacate..

.

But if you never received a summons to go to court, that is a violation of your procedural due process rights and would give you legal grounds to go back to the court and file a "motion to stay and vacate" the default judgment entered against you. The can stay any eviction until the motion is heard by the judge. If he rules in your favor, the judgment is set aside and the case will be reset for another hearing..

.

So if you were going to file a motion to vacate, you would need to do so today or at the very latest tomorrow..

.

Link to instructions and Motion: Motion to Vacate and Stay

.

.

thanks

barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what do i fill out on the forms and where should i fill them out and whom do i deliver them to?

You have to fill them out and file them with the court clerk where the judgment was issued from.. And you fill out the entire motion form.... it is pretty clearly explained in the instructions and on the form itself... you basically just tell your story about why they should issue a stay...

barristerinky
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney