Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

We're in a rental; in the 11th month. our landlord filed a…

Customer Question
We're in a rental...

We're in a rental; in the 11th month. our landlord filed a recovery of real property

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?

We're are current and have been on the rent . york, pa

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Clean and sanitary on the house. which it is. we have 4 kids, both adults work full time. it's not perfect but it's most certainly beyond sanitary he says we broke the fence, while it actually has a scrape, nothing is broken. and we have a text from him stating it's old and needs to be replaced.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

On his document he stated : missing knob (which was right on the counter), pantry door off track (which he fixed once, and said they have always been a problem, he never liked them) plus the track is bent and not installed properly. there was a bent hinge; he said it was broken. things like that, small "wear and tear" items

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the meeting is Friday - at 10:30 a.m 3/16
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
we talked to lawyer and he said we do not even need to go but we do not want to have an eviction notice on our history, we've never had an issue; renting in 7 years ; with an eviction, notice to quit or otherwise
3/15/2018
Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 1 month ago
Michael Bradley
You have stated that you are in your 11th month. How long is the lease 4? I agree with you that the issues that the landlord is talking about certainly seems very minor and in my opinion are not grounds to terminate. I would even argue that they are not grounds to withhold a portion of the security deposit. It may not be a bad idea to go to the meeting and have a discussion as to what the issues are and how they can be resolved so that all parties are satisfied
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer