Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I just found out the owner wants me to vacate the house i am…

I just found out...

I just found out the owner wants me to vacate the house i am renting from him. i am physically unable to move do to medical problems.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Florida, Port Richey area.

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Not that i know of. we had to take care of the pool and general maintance.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am the one who is physically unable to lift anything heavy. My wife has bad knee problems, and my kids are in school. They just turned to 16 years old

3/14/2018
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Do you have a written lease for a fixed period which is still in effect, or is the tenancy month to month?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
A Fixed lease which ends the end of april.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i dont have the funds available for that.

You may get an offer for a phone call at an extra charge. That offer is not being made by me (the site makes it automatically) and you are not required to accept it to proceed. I am happy to continue online with you.

Thank you for the additional information.

So long as you are not in default under the lease, you can not be evicted before the lease ends. Otherwise, unless you have an option to extend the lease, the landlord can legally decline to renew.

However, he can not evict you without an order from the court and that could take another month or so.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question? Please let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. That may help.

You are very welcome.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you for using JA.

Loren, Lawyer
Loren, Lawyer