Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

NEED HELP WITH A LANDLORD TENANT ISSUE OF

Customer Question
NEED HELP WITH A...

NEED HELP WITH A LANDLORD TENANT ISSUE OF DISCRIMINATION,LOSS OF PROPERTY, OVERCHARGES FOR RETURN OF DEPOSIT

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

WH IS THIS SO HARD TO FIND AN ATTORNEY

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NOPE DONT KNOW WHAT STEPS TOTAKE FIRST

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I HAVE DOCUMENTATION PHOTOS AND OTHER INFOR IF NEEDED

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Waco Texas
3/15/2018
Lawyer: Michelle-Mod, Moderator replied 5 months ago
Michelle-Mod
Michelle-Mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
please contact me by email. Yes I still need help please.
Lawyer: Pheobe Clark, lawyer replied 5 months ago
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark, lawyer
The best way to find an attorney that you could actually retain to represent you, is to contact the Texas Bar and ask for a lawyer referral of an attorney who can represent you in a landlord/tenant dispute.
https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Lawyer_Referral_Service_LRIS_
That is the link for the Texas Bar Referral Service.
With respect to your claims, it sounds like you have an issue with discrimination and withheld security deposit and property loss.
I’m not sure of the reason why the security deposit was not returned in full, but Under Texas law, a landlord must return the tenant's security deposit within 30 days after the tenant has moved out. Landlord need not refund deposit if lease requires tenant to give written notice of tenant's intention to surrender the premises.
Landlord can typically keep the deposit for a few reasons: Breach of Lease, Damage,Live Out Security Deposit, Improper Notice.
With respect to discrimination, file a complaint of housing discrimination.http://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/fair-housing/complaint-how-to.htm
Based on the information I have been given, I think you should get a Texas attorney through lawyer referral service to assist you with filing a lawsuit for violation of landlord laws and discrimination laws.
If I have provided you with adequate guidance on this subject please reward me with a positive rating so that I can receive credit for this session. Thanks!