Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

My nice rent my house out to someone and did not know that…

My nice rent my...

My nice rent my house out to someone and did not know that she had done this and now the people want get of my house. It is in Va. I have sold the house and i need to get my property out and turn over the keys to the house.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Va

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes i give them eviction noice sever by the police

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I did not rent to them. I live out of town and my nice had the key to my house

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/14/2018
LandlordTenantAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Do they have a lease?

no

Thank you. They need to be evicted and you will likely want to sue your niece as well, for the damages and costs of doing so and which this incurred. She had no legal right to do this. Now without a lease, they would only have a month to month tenancy, so if you wanted to be nice and try and resolve this with them, you can advise them of the situation and what she did and how she had no legal right to rent this out and end their tenancy and get them to move. You can advise them if they fail to move in 30 days or at an agreed upon date, you will file for eviction to get them out. They won't be happy but they have no legal right to stay, so maybe they will leave, so you can close on the home, since you want to sell it and need to close.

still waiting on my answer

Yes, I posted it above, did you see it?

i got it after i sent it.
what if she give a lease

Great. I am here for any follow-up questions. If they signed a lease, it would not be as easy as giving a 30 day notice to vacate, since you would need to proceed to court if they do not leave and show that the lease they signed with your niece had no legal effect since she was not an owner nor had any authority to lease to them and it should be void.

thanks

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

LandlordTenantAnswer