Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

If I rent a home,have a lease then sublet a room when it…

If I rent a home,have...
If I rent a home,have a lease then sublet a room when it wasn't allowed are the rental leases void?
3/13/2018
LandlordTenantAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Do you mean your lease with the landlord?

I have a lease with my landlord then made a lease for the sublet unknowingly to my landlord

What would happen is that you would be in violation of your lease and if the landlord finds out, could evict you and end the lease, if you do not cure this and remove the tenant, who you are renting a room to.

Now the person I subletted to refuses to pay their rent . Said the lease was null and void. Now can't get the person out
How can I get the person out? Is the lease I wrote void then? Hold up in court?
I can't get this person out now

That is between you and the landlord. The sublease is between you and them and if they do not pay the rent, you can evict them. They may come after you IF you signed a lease with them and sue for damages if they now have to vacate since you leased to them when it was not allowed. However, they can not have it both ways, whereby they stay and not pay rent yet want to say you are in breach. They either stay and pay or vacate and decide if they want to sue you.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Thank u
You are welcome and glad I was able to help. If you have not already I kindly just ask that you rate my help at the top at this time.
LandlordTenantAnswer